Man is a social animal. But at the same time he is also an individual, who has his own characteristic way of behaving, responding to emotions, perceiving things and looking at the world. The combination of these characteristics forms the personality of an individual. Man is not born with these traits. Certain factors like environmental factors, family background, financial conditions, genetic factors, situations and circumstances contribute to form a personality. So basically personality is nothing but the agglomeration of memories and incidents happened in an individual’s entire life.
Personality development is defined as a process of developing and enhancing one’s personality. Until a decade agopersonality development was not a very popular concept. In fact, personality was just confined to physical appearance and expertise in work- related skills. Interpersonal skills were not considered important. But the time has changed now. Modern world as much as is full of opportunities, as much it is full of competition and difficulties. The person with strong personality can move through the difficulties with more confidence. The importance of personality developmentin personal, social and professional life can be defined as follows:
- Personality development grooms an individual and helps him make a mark of his/her own.
- Personality development goes a long way in reducing stress and conflicts.
- Personality development helps you develop a positive attitude in life.
- Personality development helps an individual to inculcate positive qualities like punctuality, flexible attitude, willingness to learn, friendly nature, eagerness to help others and so on.
- Personality development plays an imperative role at workplace as it decides the way an individual interacts with his fellow workers and responds to various situations.
- Personality developmentteaches an individual to face even the worst situations with a smile.
- Personality development classes at the workplace extract the best out of individuals and encourage them to deliver their level best.
- It pays to exude confidence and positive attitude at workplace.
There are umpteen numbers of self-help books and onlineself- developmentcourses which assist an individual in understanding his or her personality, map self-improvement goals and assess the progress made.But The Professional English provides the Personality Development course based on wide research and analysis.
The course has been developed using Transactional Analysis Theory by Eric Berne and Johari Window Model.Johari Window isa tool for understanding and training self-awareness, personal development, improving communications, interpersonal relationships, group dynamics, team development and intergroup relationships.
This course caters all of the needs of the person looking for Personality Development program, whichincludes:
- Presentation skills:interact with the audience; transmit the messages with clarity; engage the audience in the presentation; and interpret and understand the mindsets of the listeners.
- Effective communication skills: body language, active listening, conflict resolution, authenticity, emotional intelligence, articulation and tone of voice, mirroring, asking questions, small talk, clarity and knowledge
- Time management: costing time, making activity logs, goal setting, planning, prioritizing, scheduling
- Leadership skills:developing self- confidence and positive attitude, developing self-motivation, developing flexibility, communication skills, motivation skills, delegation skills, problem solving and decision making, strategic thinking, innovation and creative thinking
- Interpersonal skills: verbal and non-verbal communication, effective listening, questioning, manners, social awareness, self- management, responsibility and accountability, assertiveness
- Anger management:identifying the cause of anger, identifying the warning signs and triggers of anger, techniques of controlling the anger, identifying the healthier ways of expressing anger
- Developing good habits:decision making, devising a plan, practicing a new behavior, employing visualization and affirmation, rewarding yourself, self-assessment
We can find excellent role models throughout history and in our times. All of them were of extraordinary self-motivation and had a never-say-die attitude. The Professional English aids to develop the people into such role models.